OVERVIEW OF BUSINESS EXPERIENCE AND EXPERTISE
EXECUTIVE POSITIONS FOR SMALL AND MEDIUM SIZED BUSINESSES
- Divisional General Manager
- Marketing Vice-President, Sales Vice-President, Sales Director
- Manufacturing Vice-President, Materials Vice-President
- Chief Financial Officer, Director Financial Planning, Manager Financial Reporting, Manager Financial Analysis
- Sr. Programmer, IT Management, Computer System Selections
- Currently owner of Picus Enterprises, LLC specializing in helping small and medium sized businesses turn their business vision into reality. Have worked with over 100 Manhattan and Long Island companies.
- Since 2004, a Certified Facilitator for The Alternative Board (TAB), the leading company that creates and supports peer to peer advisory boards for the owners of small privately held businesses.
- Managing Director / Partner / Senior Manager with KPMG Consulting (Bearing Point) for five years, focusing on enterprise-wide computer system based solutions for medium to large businesses.
- Owner of Picus Consulting for 2 years, specializing in providing turn-key solutions for start up businesses which provided an Integrated Business and Marketing Plan and a Private Placement Memorandum allowing them to approach potential investors for seed capital.
BUSINESS TRANSACTIONS EXPERIENCE
- Currently an Agent Partner for the BizGro Partners company, specializing in growing businesses and business transactions.
- Created and was President of a Joint Venture between Datapoint Corporation and the Tandy Corporation.
- Was member of acquisition team that reviewed multiple acquisitions for DH Technologies, a technology manufacturer.
- Was General Manager for two different acquisitions by a printer company.
- Created and was President of a Joint Venture between Datapoint Corporation and EDS to provide hospital management systems to hospitals of the Army, Navy, and Air Force.
- Have created multiple business plans for start-up companies looking for equity capital and /or business loans.
- Advised financial investment company regarding the transfer of the business from the founder to his son.
- Engaged by Human Resources company to advise owner regarding the potential sale of the company to a competitor.
- Engaged by software company to create a strategy that would derail a potential take-over by a larger competitor.
- Worked with co-owners of a distribution to develop a value enhancement plan to grow the business within 5 years and also advised them regarding several potential acquisitions.
SELECTED FUNCTIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Management consulting
- General management
- Business and marketing planning
- Business exit and transition planning
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Creating and implementing marketing programs
- Project management
- Computer based solutions for business
COMMUNITY AND NON-PROFIT INVOLVEMENT
- Headed budget and admission process for United Way in San Diego, CA
- Fund raiser for Habitat for Humanity
- Past President of the Community Chest of Port Washington, NY
- Past Co-President of the Chamber of Commerce, Port Washington, NY
- Served on Advisory Committee of the Business and Tourism Development Corporation of the Town of North Hempstead, NY
- Organizer, moderator and presenter at multiple Long Island business information and networking events
EDUCATION and CREDENTIALS
- Past Certified Exit Planning Advisor (CEPA)
- APICS certified
- Certified Purchasing Manager
- MBA from Memphis State University
- BA in Business and Economics from Rhodes College