There are many benefits to exit or transitional planning for the business owner. These benefits include:
- Helping to achieve your business and personal goals.
- Controlling how and when to exit.
- Maximizing company value.
- Minimize, defer, or eliminate capital gains, estate, and income taxes
- Facilitating your retirement
- Ensuring the survival and growth of the business
- Preserving family harmony, where multiple family members are involved in the business
- Defining strategic options from which to choose.
- Creating a well understood process to be followed.