For middle market companies, an offering memorandum consisting of a seller profile, a non-disclosure statement, a detailed offering memorandum is usually developed to promote the sale of the business.
The purposes of this document:
- Tells the company's story
- Provides relevant facts buyers want to know, including legal structure of the company, ownership, key management, organizational chart, customer breakdown, asset descriptions, marketing capabilities, and historical financial performance
- Defines potential growth opportunities
- Suggests synergies or economies of scale
- Offers proposed deal structure